Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Resolution Phase of a Novel

Resolution



Starting with chapter 32, I think I've moved into the resolution phase of my book.  Yet, I'm not sure what that means. 

The plot is resolved, the characters good and bad have come together and worked out their differences, for the most part, and now I need to end the book. 

My protaganist just keeps on going.  There is no plot left, but I just don't want to say 'The End' in the middle of a thought.  I haven't given any serious thought of a sequeal to this book.  Even so, I want to end it in a way that were the book to be accepted and people want more of my character I could do another book on him.

That isn't really the problem though.  I can cliff hang him for another book, it's the space between the climax and the flattening of his character arc and the end that perplexes me.  I wonder how much should be devoted to the resolution?  I have chapters 33 and 34 already written and having a hard time tying it all up. 


Anybody have any thoughts or feelings about it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Subtlety - An essay

 SUBTLETY   Rarely, if ever, has subtlety been brought up as a topic of discussion during our writing group meetings. I haven't come...